One of the leading causes of gutter repairs is having a clogged system. Your gutters can quickly fill with leaves and other debris which will cause the system to back up. These cogs will not allow your gutters to perform correctly and can even cause damage to the system. The easiest way to tell if your gutters are clogged is if water spills over the sides during a storm.
To avoid the need for many different repairs to your gutter system, it is recommended that you clean your gutters twice a year. This can be done usually in a single afternoon. While you are cleaning your gutters you can also inspect them for damage.
1. Clean The Downspout First. The first thing you want to do is make sure that the down spout is empty and water can flow freely out the bottom. This will help the cleaning process move quickly. A clogged downspout is something that can cause damage to the whole gutter system.
2. Start from the farthest point from the down spout and begin the cleaning process. You will need rubber gloves to protect your hand and possibly a trowel or other shovel like instrument to clean out debris.
3. Once you have all of the debris removed from your gutters, you should run water through the system. This will clean out any remaining small particles from your gutters and help you check for any leaks, cracks or other issues to your gutters.
4. If you have algae or mold build up in your gutters, you may want to treat these areas with special cleaners to remove this build up. If left untreated, blue algae and mold and mildew can spread to your roof and the exterior of your home.
5. Check all the fastenings of your gutter system to make sure that it is securely attached to your home.
If all of this sounds like a lot of work, you are right. But it is very necessary to keep your home safe from water damage. If you do not want to take care of this necessary home maintenance task, you are encouraged to speak with a contractor to have the services done for you. Keeping your gutters in good maintenance can prevent any serious harm to your home from water and ice.
Certified Roofing and Gutters is one of the oldest, most trusted roof, gutter, tree, and construction expert in the greater Atlanta area (visit our sister company at certifiedtreeremovalservices.com). As a roofing specialist, we have been doing this work for a long time now because we:
So, if you have any of these issues – an older or damaged roof that needs to be replaced, storm damage, hail damage, or fallen tree damage, a roof leak, gutters that are not working properly, old or damaged windows, or have water damage due to any of these issues – then you need to reach out to us..
Whether your project is residential or commercial, we have roof and gutter construction options for you.
We will save you a lot of money because we will work with you and your insurance company to make sure we are doing what is best for you and your home. We also provide very affordable pricing for any job, even when it is an emergency situation. Many times, a repair makes sense and can save you a LOT of money. If you do not think you you are getting honest advice about what is best for you and your structure, give us a call, maybe we can save you that time and expense.
So give us a call or shoot us an email. We will work with your schedule to meet with you after hours or on weekends. It might be time for you to get a free, no obligation roof inspection by one of our certified roofing specialists.