Controlling how water flows after a storm is essential to protecting your home. If rain is allowed to just drip off of your roof and puddle near the base of your home, you place the foundation of your home at risk. Water can cause the foundation to crack and water to seep in to the home. It can also cause the ground to become uneven around your home leading to cracks in the walls as well as the foundation.
Gutters are the simplest solution to regulating where water flows after it rains. The professional installation of gutters on your home will ensure that water flows away from your home. The gutter system will also help keep debris from your roof from running down the sides of your home giving it an ugly appearance.
Gutters work by catching the water and debris that comes off of your roof during a storm. The water is directed through a series of gutters to a downspout where the water and debris can flow out to an area away from the base of your home.
Gutter systems can be installed in any color, so using these systems will not detract from the appearance of your home. These systems are also easy to manage and maintain. It is an investment into your home that will offer the homeowner a sense of security that they are protecting the very foundation of their home.
To keep your gutter system working properly, you are encouraged to have them cleaned twice a year. A good cleaning in Spring and Fall will keep your gutter system working throughout the year.
Cleaning your gutters should be done by a professional. Using a service to clean your gutters will ensure that they are cleaned safely and that they are inspected during the process. Removal of debris will make sure that water can continue to flow freely through the system and will prevent mold and algae growth from occurring.
1. Bare Spots On Your Shingles. Bare spots on your shingles can indicate that your shingles have reached a point where they are weather damaged. After years of direct sunlight your shingles can become brittle. The bare spots may also indicate that blue algae have attached itself to your roof. Blue algae eats asphalt as one of their food sources and damages the shingles. Bare spots prevent the shingles from being effective at protecting your home.
2. Missing Shingles. After a storm your roof may have missing shingles. The uncovered areas can actually prevent the roof from “doing its job.” Water can enter under the other shingles leading to water damage and potential mold infiltration.
3. Curling Shingles. Shingles that curl up at the edge are an indicator that the roof has aged to a point that the shingles are no longer protective. Curling shingles can lead to water, ice and high winds reaching the structure of the home and causing damage.
4. Buckling Shingles. When buckling occurs, a hump in the middle of the shingle, the integrity of your roof is breached. Water, ice, and debris can now lodge itself underneath the shingle leading to damage to the structure of your home.
5. Damaged Flashings. The flashings on your home are the areas located around skylights, chimneys, vents, and similar attachments to your roof. These attachments are often tarred over or caulked into place. Over time, the tar or caulking cracks and dries out and will allow water to seep into the surrounding roof area. This is one of the leading causes of damage to your roof.
If you believe that any of these issues are taking place on your roof, it may be time for a repair or a replacement.
It is certainly time for a free, no obligation inspection by one of our certified roofing specialists.
Roof damage can lead to very serious structural and interior damage of your home. Stopping it early will save you a lot of money and headaches.
Certified Roofing and Gutters is one of the oldest, most trusted roof, gutter, tree, and construction expert in the greater Atlanta area (visit our sister company at certifiedtreeremovalservices.com). As a roofing specialist, we have been doing this work for a long time now because we:
So, if you have any of these issues – an older or damaged roof that needs to be replaced, storm damage, hail damage, or fallen tree damage, a roof leak, gutters that are not working properly, old or damaged windows, or have water damage due to any of these issues – then you need to reach out to us..
Whether your project is residential or commercial, we have roof and gutter construction options for you.
We will save you a lot of money because we will work with you and your insurance company to make sure we are doing what is best for you and your home. We also provide very affordable pricing for any job, even when it is an emergency situation. Many times, a repair makes sense and can save you a LOT of money. If you do not think you you are getting honest advice about what is best for you and your structure, give us a call, maybe we can save you that time and expense.
So give us a call or shoot us an email. We will work with your schedule to meet with you after hours or on weekends. It might be time for you to get a free, no obligation roof inspection by one of our certified roofing specialists.