New Roof Installation Brookhaven
Replacing your roof is a major undertaking regardless of where you live or the size of your home. A roofing system is designed to protect your home from the elements and help you stabilize the temperature inside. Your roof is subjected to all the hardships of the elements and to potential damage from trees and pests.
Replacing your roof when necessary, however, can save you a lot of time and expense when it comes to interior and exterior damaged caused by a bad roof. Roof replacement cost is very minimal when you consider the alternative.
Understanding Roof Replacement Costs
There are many factors that go into the cost of replacing your roof. Some of these costs can be adjusted based on your choices, others are just standard. Knowing what costs go into the roofing system will help eliminate some of the doubt you may have about investing into a replacement roof for your home.
- Permits and Inspections. Your local Code Enforcement or Building Department will require that the roofing contractor have permits to replace the roof and that the newly built roof is inspected for compliance to building codes. These costs will vary from city to city.
- Cost of Shingles. Your selection of shingles will have a large impact on the overall cost of the roof. Type and warranty length can impact price. Asphalt shingles are always the most cost-effective.
- Square Footage. The size of the roof that needs to be replaced will also have an effect on the cost. Larger homes will require more shingles and materials and more man hours to complete.
- Stories on House. A roof located on a second story will cost more than a single story home. This is due to the extra equipment and safety precautions necessary to complete this type of roof replacement.
- Necessary Repairs. If the underlying wood to the roof needs to be replaced or repaired this will be factored into the cost.
There may be additional costs as well based on the issues surrounding your roof system. Adding gutters, skylights or other specialties will add to the overall cost.