Storms are the most common cause for damage to a roof. Strong winds and heavy rains can be very brutal to a roofing system, especially if it is older and may already be in need of repair. Swaying branches from trees can also cause damage to a roof during a storm as well as flying debris. If your home is damaged during a storm, you should take the following steps.
1. Take pictures of the damaged area. You will want to have as much evidence of the damage as possible to present to your insurance company. You can also use these photos to email them to a contractor to begin to get estimates for the repairs.
2. If you can reach the damaged area, cover the area to help prevent any further damage from occurring. Covering the area with a tarp should suffice until you can have a contractor come out to make the repair.
3. If you cannot reach the damaged area, seek out a contractor offering emergency repair services so that they can immediately come out and repair your roof. Covering any openings is essential to protecting your home,
4. Have your roof inspected. Damage may not be visible form the ground. If your roof has received any damage from a storm it is crucial to have the entire roof checked for additional problems.
5. Contact your insurance company. Your insurance company should help cover the costs of the repair or replacement of your roof.
6. Seek out a licensed and insured roofing contractor to complete the repairs. Using the right repair service is just as important as fixing the problem quickly. A poorly done repair can lead to extensive damage to your home.
It should be noted that storm damage can occur to your roof without leaving a large hole. Missing or skewed shingles can expose the roof itself to weather and cause leaks and water damage. Shingles loosened by high winds, hail or ice damage can cause the roof to leak as well. High winds or brushing branches can also loosen vents and other attachments to your roof.
Any time that a serious storm passes through your area you should visually inspect your roof. If you believe there is damage, call a contractor to have a roof inspection completed so repairs can be made bfore serious damage occurs.
Certified Roofing and Gutters is one of the oldest, most trusted roof, gutter, tree, and construction expert in the greater Atlanta area (visit our sister company at certifiedtreeremovalservices.com). As a roofing specialist, we have been doing this work for a long time now because we:
So, if you have any of these issues – an older or damaged roof that needs to be replaced, storm damage, hail damage, or fallen tree damage, a roof leak, gutters that are not working properly, old or damaged windows, or have water damage due to any of these issues – then you need to reach out to us..
Whether your project is residential or commercial, we have roof and gutter construction options for you.
We will save you a lot of money because we will work with you and your insurance company to make sure we are doing what is best for you and your home. We also provide very affordable pricing for any job, even when it is an emergency situation. Many times, a repair makes sense and can save you a LOT of money. If you do not think you you are getting honest advice about what is best for you and your structure, give us a call, maybe we can save you that time and expense.
So give us a call or shoot us an email. We will work with your schedule to meet with you after hours or on weekends. It might be time for you to get a free, no obligation roof inspection by one of our certified roofing specialists.